Data Matters will be held at North Carolina State University’s Centennial Campus.
All Data Matters courses will be held at the James B. Hunt Jr. Library, located on the Centennial Campus of North Carolina State University (near The Oval). James B. Hunt Jr. Library is an iconic building that captures the spirit of NCSU’s strengths in science, engineering, technology, and textiles.
Courses will be held in Hunt Library in the following rooms:
- 2110 A&B – 2nd floor (MULTIPURPOSE ROOM on map)
- 2110 C&D – 2nd floor (MULTIPURPOSE ROOM on map)
- 4105 Lecture Hall – 4TH FLOOR
- 4107 – 4TH FLOOR
- 4505 Teaching & Viz Lab – 4TH FLOOR
Food Options Near James B. Hunt Jr. Library
Common Grounds Café and Creamery – Located on the main level of Hunt Library, Common Grounds offers a lineup of hot and cold coffee beverages, muffins and bakery bars. Common Grounds also features a selection of Howling Cow scoops and shakes.
Port City Java – Just up Partners Way from James B. Hunt Jr. Library, Port City Java has signature coffee, beverages, pure-fruit smoothies, breakfast and lunch sandwiches, wraps, pastries, muffins, and bagels.
On The Oval – On the Oval is located on the lower level of Wolf Ridge Apartments, across from Hunt Library on Centennial Campus and features a number of dining options.
- Cold Fusion Salads and Deli: Cold Fusion has a selection of made-to-order cold and hot sandwiches, wraps, as well as delicious house-made salads and soups. Gluten-friendly options available upon request.
- Fahrenheit Pizza: Fahrenheit Pizza features house-made personal artisan pizzas, calzones and garlic knots baked-to-order in a fire-deck oven.
- Flashpoint Global: Flashpoint offers authentic global cuisine with made-to-order stir-fry entrees customized with your favorite sauces, rice and side items.
- Newton’s Grill: Newton’s Grill serves a selection of made-to-order diner foods and sides, such as Angus beef burgers, chicken sandwiches, fries, tater tots and signature grill specials.
Farther afield for dinner, there are several award-winning restaurants in Raleigh close to Centennial Campus:
- The Pit, 328 W Davie St: Pit-smoked free-range pork, Texas-style brisket & other BBQ staples
- The Remedy Diner, 137 E Hargett St: Vegetarian & vegan comfort food
- Beasley’s Chicken & Honey and Chuck’s Burgers, 237 S. Wilmington Street: Chicken and waffles and great burgers by James Beard winner Ashley Christensen
- Bida Manda Laotian Restaurant, 222 S Blount St: Hip, modern hideaway for Laotian fare
- Cameron Village, with a tremendous offering of restaurants, shops, and bars. 2034 Cameron Street Raleigh, NC 27605