Data Matters will be held on the North Carolina State University Centennial Campus.
All Data Matters courses will be held at the James B. Hunt Jr. Library, located on the Centennial Campus of North Carolina State University (near The Oval).
Courses will be held in the following rooms:
- 2110 A&B (listed as MULTIPURPOSE ROOM on the map below) – 2ND FLOOR
- 2110 C&D (listed as MULTIPURPOSE ROOM on the map below) – 2ND FLOOR
- 4101 Lecture Hall – 4TH FLOOR
- 4105 – 4TH FLOOR
- 4505 Teaching & Viz Lab – 4TH FLOOR
James B. Hunt Jr. Library is an iconic building that captures the spirit of NCSU’s strengths in science, engineering, technology, and textiles.
- Capability South Lot – 76 spaces (10 minute slow walk to Hunt)
- Partners Way Deck – 99 spaces (5 minute slow walk to Hunt)
- Poulton Deck – 86 spaces (adjacent to Hunt library)
Food Options near James B. Hunt Jr. Library
Lunch will NOT be provided on site, but there are several eating options in the area. On the Oval is located on the lower level of Wolf Ridge Apartments, across from James B. Hunt Jr. Library on Centennial Campus. This location has 4 restaurants:
- Cold Fusion Salads and Deli: selection of made-to-order sandwiches & wraps, salads, and soups.
- Fahrenheit Pizza: personal artisan pizzas, calzones and garlic knots in a fire-deck oven.
- Flashpoint Global: authentic global cuisine with made-to-order stir-fry entrees.
- Newton’s Grill: a selection of made-to-order diner foods and sides.
- Port City Java: just up Partners Way from James B. Hunt Jr. Library, has coffee and light bites.
- There are also food trucks along Main Campus Drive, about a 5 minute walk from the library. Schedule is available here.
Farther afield for dinner, there are several award-winning restaurants in Raleigh close to Centennial Campus:
- The Pit, 328 W Davie St: Pit-smoked free-range pork, Texas-style brisket & other BBQ staples
- The Remedy Diner, 137 E Hargett St: Vegetarian & vegan comfort food
- Beasley’s Chicken & Honey and Chuck’s Burgers, 237S. Wilmington Street: Chicken and waffles and great burgers by James Beard winner Ashley Christensen
- Bida Manda Laotian Restaurant, 222 S Blount St: Hip, modern hideaway for Laotian fare
- Cameron Village, with a tremendous offering of restaurants, shops, and bars. 2034 Cameron Street Raleigh, NC 27605